Monday, August 10, 2009

Then God Said


Then God said, "Let there be something to divide the water in two." So God made the air and and placed some of the water above the air and some below it. God named the air "sky."
The sky has many faces. We think of it as blue and lit up by the sun. Yet, it can be dark and glowering, lit by flashes of lightning. It can be deep blue, almost black with twinkling stars or hung with a lantern of a orangey harvest moon.
This school year we will continue to study weather. I have become so fascinated with the sky and clouds that I watch it whenever I can. I photograph clouds and carry around my Cloudspotter book. Look at the swirls of cloud in the blue above. Can man, even with digital photography, catch the actual amazing tones of blue? I doubt it.
The sky, the heavens, the air we breathe is another of the wondrous creations of God.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sky
Sky, God named the air "sky."
Sky, blue and bright with light.
Sky, black and twinkling with stars
Sky, glowering and gray with storm.
Sky, the air I breathe.
Sky, my feet on the ground, my face in the sky.
Sky, I twirl in it, move in it, dance in it, live in it.
Sky, I must have sky, the wide expanse, the great wild blue;
Sky, the heavens, the firmament, the roof of our world;
Sky, ever-changing, moving, swirling air.
Sky, He named the air "sky."

No comments:

Post a Comment